Subject: Re: smoothing
From: [email-masked] (Bryan Blevins)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 18:03:45 -0800

>        I'm a little stumpted, and I hope you'll excuse my taking up the 
>list's time with such a rudimentary problem--but I can't get a sphere to 
>look smooth.  

>        I've even tried tripling and subdividing, thinking the more 
>polygons, the smoother.  My sphere was nearly sixty k polygons, and still 
>looked like a great geodesic dome.  
>
>        Obviously I have smoothing turned on, and that's why I'm puzzled
>as to why it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.  Could someone clue me in
>as to what sort of max smoothing angle will work? 
>
>        Thanks. 

1.  Make sure your not in quickshade mode. (Camera Panel)

2.  Are the polygons sharing points?  Merge points if you need to.

Bryan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bryan J. Blevins                        Experience is what you get when
Blevins Enterprises, Inc.               you were expecting something else.
[email-masked]                      
http://bei.moscow.com/

--
[email-masked] (Bryan Blevins) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]